Saturday, August 9, 2008

May 9, 1918


May Thurs. 9, Fri. 10, Sat. 11, Sun. 12, Mon 13
Here it is Monday night at 8:45 but I’ll write a line or two before going to bed. Thurs. after school Miss Goodrich & I cut out poppy petals & then I came home & cleaned the front porch. Fri. after school I went to Mrs. Hartings for Miss Griffith & she staid til 5 o’clock Sunday Night. We had a good visit. Sat. A.M. did shopping & after dinner went to first Ball Game of the season S.H.S. 8-Oxford-1. Had Grace Wood & Margaret Perkins over to supper. Sarah & I walked back with them & went to the movies- saw Alice Brady in “ “

Sun. went to church & S.S. Had Anna over for dinner. We visited til 4:45 & then went for violets. I walked over with them & called on Mrs. Smith. From there went to choir rehearsal & staid to church. Reached home just before an awful storm.

Today has been very rainy.

Put play together tonight under difficulties. Called at King’s & found her sick in bed. Brought the boys home for supper & took hers over. Have been doing school work til I’m “crazy tired.” Sometimes think I’ll never bring any more home to do. Will go to bed now. Good night!

Notes: Calla doesn't actually name the movie she saw, and I can't speculate since Alice Brady was such a prolific actress.

Mrs. Goodrich is likely Rhuby Goodrich, she has been mentioned here before.

No comments: