Monday, August 4, 2008

May 5, 1918

Sunday, May 5.

Yesterday & to day have been perfect as far as weather is concerned. Yesterday I washed, cleaned & ironed finishing up about 10:45. In between after supper I went to the Library did shopping called on Anna at store & called on Ethel White. Today I got up at 9 went to church & S.S. Tonight the class. For dinner we had our first short cake (strawberry), lettuce & bacon & eggs. I've cut bread out of my diet (as a War measure). After dinner I went to Kipp's to call. Mrs. N. was there. She spoke of the Red Cross needing buttons, so I came home & in our button boxes mother & I have found 200. Mother's arm still keeps bad, so she can't comb her hair. We sat out on the porch for the first, saw a warbler in the trees. Wrote an addition to my letter to Bob. Mr. Deane came on 6:31. I balanced up register & made our report; also added up book list. $142.39 is the total of this order. (a splendid lot of books). Should go to bed but will write a few lines to P.J. for old times sake.

No comments: