Monday, August 11, 2008

Letter: Kate Voeglin

Dear Sister & all at home,

I have been thinking of you all today and do hope that you all are feeling good if Father & Mother are not on the pick up. The nurse here tells me that Dr. Greys glycerin compound is a very good tonic & body builder. I am staying here until the woman gets well, to take her place. The work is very easy & the hours are dandy. Half past nine until five and half the day Saturday. I am getting a rest & quite a bit of sewing & mending done.

Clayton has not been feeling very good. Raymond & Grace were up Sunday it was his birthday. I wish you was here this afternoon for this is baby clinic afternoon & I do enjoy it all.

I guess Mrs. Cunningham is going to look on, she is a nurse now and interested in babies. Does father have strength to plant much. The garden was so hard for Will & it would kill me I rather work for the vegetables I eat, how does the pain in Father & Mother’s shoulder get along I do hope it is all gone. Let me hear from you if can find time for it is willing but hustle all the time.

Well I must stop and write to Joe. It will be three o’clock and the clinic is from three to five o’clock.

Love to for all.

Your off sister
Kate V.

Notes: Kate Voeglin is Calla's sister.


No comments: