Sunday, July 27, 2008

May 1, 1918

May 1st Rather cold & sunless to-day. Did not get the letter written to Mabelle last night-- neither did I get the letter to Robert started, will do the latter to-night. Hard day in school-- staid tonight & checked up on book list; didn't get home til 5:30. Rec'd a letter from Mae Sherwood last night & from Bertha Jewell & Beatrice Bly today. To-night mother & I have looked over my stamps for I wanted to find the ones that Ivan sent on his letters from Hawaii. I found one of each & many others that I'm going to arrange in a little book as souvenirs of my love for saving them all these years. Laura Dimico brung me a May basket to-night with candy, peanuts & a tulip in it.

Notes: There is a Mae Sherwood listed as a boarder in a Sidney home in the 1910 census.

No comments: